This site contains information on over 1,400 individuals, being our ancestors and their close relatives, from both the paternal and maternal lines. (See top 15 surnames on this page).
South African roots are traced back to the South African settlement years (1660 - 1720) and in some cases to The Netherlands as early as 1605.
Australia and New Zealand roots are traced back to the New Zealand settlement years (1840 - 1880) and in some cases to 1740s Scotland.
More recent members of the family have roots in Cuba, Poland and the USA.
Some information is Private due to the personal nature of information collected for genealogical purposes. Information of living or recently deceased people is limited to known family members (who are required to be registered users to gain access to that information).
Hope this information is of interest or and/or use.
If you are a member of this extended family please request an account (use the 'Login' link on this page) and provide information to identify yourself as such. Family in this context is loosely defined as descendants (or descendants of close relatives) of:
- BRINK Wouter Cornelius Justinus born 1922 of Ottosdal/Klerksdorp, Transvaal, South Africa
- son of BRINK Wessel Johannes born 1895 (and MALAN Dina Maria) of Klerksdorp, South Africa
- married to KOEN Maria Johanna
- DEACON Douglas Stewart born 1908 of Invercargill/Nelson, New Zealand
- son of DEACON Robert born 1867 (and PETTIGREW Annie Morrin of Halfmoon Bay), New Zealand
- married to SHARP Thelma Bessie of Swansea, Tasmania, Australia
- HANEKOM Eduard born 1902 of Wydekloof, Cape, South Africa
- son of HANEKOM Willem Johannes 1867 (and MOUTON Maria) of Kanetvlei, Cape, South Africa
- married to DE KLERK Ella
After verifying the information you provide, the administrator will either approve or decline your request for an account. You will receive an email when your request is approved.