Frequently asked questions
|Where do I start?|
|How do I find an Individual?|
1) Registered users should log on to get access to additional content.
2) Unregistered family members should register to get access to the aditional content.
3) The "List" option button is the best place to start.
- List -> Branches: Show the branch with a given family name with relation to the user (useful for known logged in users)
- List -> Individual: A List of individuals with a given family name
- List -> Family: A list of families with a given family name
- List -> Repositories: The repositories includingf links (for websites) where I obtain some of my information (available to visitors)
There are three ways to find a person, described below:
1.1) Action: Use the List button and select Individuals from the drop down list.
1.2) Result: webtrees will displays a list of alhabet letters (corresponding with the fist letter of surname)
1.3) Action: Choose H, if for example we are looking for Aldert HANEKOM
1.4) Result: webtrees displays a list of the surnames starting with the chosen letter (eg H)
Note: Surnames in this system are recorded as "base" and "prefix" eg DE HAAS. Surname listings are done using the base, eg DE HAAS will appear under H rather than D
For technical support or genealogy questions contact Wouter Hanekom.